Research AreaIndustrial Organization (Theory & Empirical), Platform and Internet Economics, Business Economics
2018/07 to present Assistant Professor, ShanghaiTech University, China
2018/05 Ph.D. in Economics, Michigan State University
2015/05 M.A. in Economics, Michigan State University
2013/02 M.A. in Economics, Seoul National University, South Korea
2011/02 B.A. in Economics (Magna Cum Laude), Ewha Womans University, South Korea
1. “Zero Rating and Vertical Content Foreclosure,” with Thomas Jeitschko and Aleksandr Yankelevich. Information Economics and Policy (forthcoming, 2020)
2. “Direct Interconnection and Investment Incentives for Content Quality.” Review of Network Economics 18(3) (2020)
1. “Privacy, Information Acquisition, and Market Competition.” (Under Review)
2. “Quality Differentiation and Optimal Pricing Strategy in Multi-Sided Markets,” with Pallavi Pal (Under Review, ShanghaiTech SEM Working Paper No. 2020-009)
3. “An Impossible Trinity in Blockchain-based Transactions: Decentralization, Privacy, and Lower Transaction Costs.” (ShanghaiTech SEM Working Paper No. 2020-010)
4. “A Note of Caution on Using Hotelling Models in Platform Markets,” with Thomas Jeitschko and Aleksandr Yankelevich. (DICE Discussion Paper No. 286)
Work in Progress
1. “Data Neutrality and Market Competition.” with Hanming Fang.
2. “Payment Card Networks Structure and its Consequences.” with Ryan James Martin and Oleksandr “Alex” Shcherbakov.
3. “Using Porting Data as Proxy for Diversion Ratios in Merger Assessment.” with Patrick DeGraba and Aleksandr Yankelevich.