Labor Economics, Population Economics, Develop-ment Economics, Applied Microeconomics
2020.07 —present, School of Entrepreneurship and Management, ShanghaiTech University, Associate Professor
2019.10 —2020.6, Institute for Economic and Social Research, Associate Professor
2016.10 —2019.9, Institute for Economic and Social Research, Assistant Professor
2015.9 —2016.9, Jinhe Center for Economic Research, Assistant Professor
2015.6, Ph.D. in Economics, University of California, Los Angeles
2010.6, Bachelor in Economics, Peking University
1. “The Long-Run Consequences of China’s “Later, Longer, Fewer” Campaign in Old Age.” (with Hanming Fang). Journal of Development Economics, forthcoming.
2. “Motherhood and Gender Wage Differentials within a Chinese Firm.” (with Hong Zhang and Li-An Zhou). Economic Development and Cultural Change, forthcoming.
3. “Arrival of Young Talents: Send-Down Movement and Rural Education in China.” (with Ziying Fan, Xiaomin Gu and Li-An Zhou). 2020. American Economic Review. Vol.110(11), 3393-3430.
4. “The Power of the Government: China's Family Planning Leading Group and the Fertility Decline since 1970.” (with Yingfei Huang). 2020. Demographic Research, Vol.42, 985-1038.
5. “Estimating Returns to Education in Urban China—Evidence from a Natural Experiment in the Schooling Reform.” (with Sheng Jiang and Li-An Zhou). 2020. Journal of Comparative Economics, Vol.48(1), 218-233.
6. “Explaining the Decline of the U.S. Saving Rate: the Role of Health Expenditure.” (with Maurizio Mazzocco and Bela Szemely). 2019. International Economic Review, Vol.60(4), 1823-1859.
7. “Does Raising Family Income Cause Better Child Health? Evidence from China.” (with Xiaoyan Lei, Li-An Zhou). 2017. Economic Development and Cultural Change, Vol.65(3), 495-520.